BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Names 3 Senior Officials in Enforcement, Corporate Finance
Robert Evans III Joins SEC Corporate Finance Unit as Deputy Director. Mr. Evans will join Deputy Director Shelley Parratt as a senior advisor to CorpFin Director William Hinman. Most recently, Mr. Evans worked at Shearman & Sterling as a partner in the firm’s capital markets practice. He has experience advising on public and private offerings, securities law compliance, and corporate governance.
Mr. Evans has been a frequent speaker and writer on securities law, compliance, and legal ethics. In addition to his extensive transactional practice, he was a member of the TriBar Opinion Committee, the Working Group on Legal Opinions, the American Law Institute, and Co-Chair of Shearman & Sterling’s Opinion Committee. Mr. Evans received his bachelor’s degree from Harvard College and law degree from Boston University School of Law, both cum laude.
Kathryn Pyszka Named Associate Regional Enforcement Director in Chicago. Ms. Pyszka succeeds Timothy Warren, who retired from the SEC in January. In her new role, Ms. Pyszka will co-lead the Chicago Office’s Enforcement program with Robert Burson, who serves as the office’s other Associate Regional Director for Enforcement.
Ms. Pyszka joined the SEC in 1997 as a staff attorney in Enforcement. She was promoted to branch chief in 1998, and became senior trial counsel in 2000. After a brief time in private practice, she rejoined the SEC as senior trial counsel and was promoted to Assistant Regional Director in 2007. She joined the Division’s Market Abuse Unit in 2010. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Pyszka worked in the private sector in Chicago and served as a law clerk for the Honorable Joe Billy McDade in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Kelly Gibson Named Associate Regional Enforcement Director in Philadelphia. Ms. Gibson succeeds Jeffrey Boujoukos, who became Regional Director of the SEC’s Philadelphia office in January.
Ms. Gibson joined the SEC in 2008 as a staff attorney in Enforcement. When the Division was reorganized in 2010, she joined the Market Abuse Unit. In 2013, she was promoted to Assistant Regional Director. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Gibson worked as a litigation associate for Ballard Spahr Law in Philadelphia, PA.