BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Investments - Private
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Compliance Concepts
- Investments - Strategies
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Bad Brokers
- Boiler Rooms
- Wall Street News
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC National Compliance Outreach for Investment Companies & Investment Advisers
The SEC opened registration for its Compliance Outreach Program’s national seminar for investment companies and investment advisers – to be held 4/12/18 in Washington, D.C. CCO’s and other senior personnel, the intended audience of this seminar, may register online to attend the event in-person. In-person attendance is limited to 500; a live webcast will be available at www.sec.gov.
Three SEC units will jointly sponsor the event: (i) Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE); (ii) Division of Investment Management (IM); and, (iii) the Asset Management Unit (AMU) of the Division of Enforcement. The agenda includes discussion of SEC program priorities in 2018, issues related to fees and expenses, portfolio management trends, regulatory hot topics, cybersecurity, compliance, and rulemaking.
For more information, contact: ComplianceOutreach@sec.gov.