BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Investments - Strategies
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investor Protection
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Bad Brokers
- Boiler Rooms
- Wall Street News
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- Compliance Concepts
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Promotes Jason Burt to Associate Regional Director for Enforcement
The SEC announced that Jason Burt has been named the Associate Regional Director for enforcement in the SEC's Denver Regional Office. He succeeds Kurt Gottschall, who became Regional Director of the SEC's Denver office in November 2018.
Mr. Burt has been with the SEC from 2004 to present.
- In 2004, he joined the SEC as an attorney in the Broker-Dealer group of OCIE (Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations).
- In 2007, he joined the SEC's Division of Enforcement as a staff attorney.
- In 2010, after the Division of Enforcement was reorganized, he served as a member the division's Market Abuse Unit.
- In 2016, he was promoted to Assistant Regional Director in the Asset Management Unit in 2016.
- Since August 2018, he also has served as an Assistant Regional Director in the SEC's Market Abuse Unit.
Mr. Burt helped develop and lead the SEC's Share Class Selection Disclosure Initiative (SCSDI), a self-reporting initiative designed to return money quickly to investors harmed by inadequate fee disclosures. The SEC recently announced the first set of actions brought under the initiative against 79 firms, resulting in over $125 million being returned to harmed investors.
Prior to joining the SEC, Mr. Burt served as a litigation associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson. He earned his bachelor’s degree in business from James Madison, and his law degree the UNC School of Law. Mr. Burt also presently serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Denver's Sturm College of Law.