BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
SEC Urges Completion of the Consolidated Audit Trail
[Photo: Cat in the Bag / WatersTechnology.com]
On Monday, August 27th, Brett Redfearn, Director of the SEC Trading and Markets Division, issued an update on the estimated completion dates for the long-overdue Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) – a database intended to track all trades from inception, including the identity of buyers, sellers, exchanges and brokers. As it now stands ...
FINRA AND THE NATIONAL SECURITIES EXCHANGES (collectively, the “SROs”) are expected to begin reporting on 11/15/18, rather than on 11/15/17 as originally intended. [“First Phase”]
LARGE BROKER-DEALERS are expected to begin reporting on 11/15/19 (not 11/15/18 as originally intended), with following roll-out dates of reported information:
- Nov 2019 Equities reporting
- May 2020 Options reporting (simple options)
- Sep 2020 Full representative order linkages, equity quote events and allocations reporting
- May 2021 Options reporting (manual orders, complex options)
- Nov 2021 Customer and account information reporting
SMALL BROKER-DEALERS are expected to begin reporting on 11/15/22.
The SEC expects the industry member community to work cooperatively and expeditiously with SROs to develop effective technical specifications for reporting to the CAT and to otherwise make good faith efforts to implement the CAT as promptly as practicable.