BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Spam Email: ‘Confirmed: A Legitimate Opportunity to Make Good Money’
by Howard Haykin
How many thousands of unsuspecting individuals received this unsolicited message from Global Millionaires Trader LLC ? I received it twice. Needless to say, I deleted this emailed message after it was deposited into my Gmail SPAM folder. And in keeping with Google’s warnings, … I did not click on any links, download any attachments or reply with personal information.
Nor should you ... with any suspicious emails. And that goes for suspicious emails that seemingly come from friends and familiar senders. A quick and easy way of identifying scam email (and identity fraud) would be to check the sender's underlying email address. An unfamiliar email address is your indication that the message should be promptly deleted. If you're still curious about the email, reach out to the supposed sender - your familiar contact - and ask if the content of the message was authentic.
BUT GETTING BACK TO THE ABOVE EMAIL. Admittedly, it can be awfully tempting to pursue an offer for a money-generating software app that can help one make to up to $2,812.57 per DAY. But don't “bite on the bait.” Instead, heed the possible downsides - like links and attachments that ...
- may be infected with a computer virus or a spyware (that can take control of your computer or smartphone);
- might subject you to an endless stream of unsolicited junk email;
- may induce you to reply with personal information.