BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Steven A. Cohen's Giant Penthouse: Priced to Sell at $57.5Mn?
[Photos: Corcoran Real Estate]
by Howard Haykin
Steven A. Cohen, the uber wealthy hedge fund manager is selling his Manhattan duplex penthouse for $57.5 million – exactly half his initial asking price of $115 million, when he first put the apartment on the market in 2013.
Cohen, who apparently has grown tired of his Central Park views, is presently building a homier residence in downtown Manhattan – namely a four-story mansion and six-story apartment building in Greenwich Village.
WHAT’S THIS APARTMENT GOT THAT OTHERS DON’T? Perched near the southeast corner of NYC’s Central Park, all 5 bedrooms and 6 baths in this 9,000 square foot duplex penthouse offer a brilliant panorama of the city’s skyline – by day and by night. The apartment also has a dedicated gallery, which likely suited Cohen’s significant fine arts collection.
Located at One Beacon Court, part of the Bloomberg Tower complex, Mr. Cohen is hoping the apartment is finally priced to sell. Do I hear any counteroffers?