BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Team Trump: The President and His Associates Lawyer Up
by Howard Haykin
Donald Trump has personal legal advisers, as do his associates - including Michael Pence, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, and son-in-law Jared Kushner. Here's a brief look at Team Trump:
- Marc Kasowitz: (i) Bare-knuckled litigator and fierce defender of Trump; (ii) has represented him for >15 years; (iii) not a criminal lawyer, but has joined Trump’s battles with regulators, real estate partners, and journalists.
- Jay Sekulow: (i) Former attorney for the IRS; (ii) chief counsel to the conservative American Center for Law and Justice; (iii) has argued cases before the Supreme Court; (iv) hosts daily radio show and is frequent guest on Fox News.
- Michael Bowe: (i) Longtime law partner of Kasowitz; (ii) ex-Sullivan & Cromwell litigator; (ii) deposed hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen in civil case.
JARED KUSHNER, IVANKA TRUMP
Jamie Gorelick: (i) Clinton administration deputy attorney general; (ii) WilmerHale partner; (iii) rumored to have been on Hillary's short list for AG.
- Richard Cullen: (i) Former U.S. attorney for Eastern District of Virginia. [Click NYTimes for more info.]
- Robert Kelner: (i) Covington & Burling partner, election law expert; (ii) Represented RNC (Republican National Committee) in congressional probe into Bush administration emails.
Reginald Brown: (i) WilmerHale partner; (ii) represented Rex Tillerson on complying with federal ethics rules
Robert Buschel: (i) South Florida defense lawyer; (ii) wrote 2016 novel about a president who wins the White House after the election is hacked.
Grant J. Smith: (i) Does corporate transaction law in Florida.