BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
The Mooch Goes to Washington
[Photo: Jdarsie11 / Wikimedia Commons]
Yet another Goldman Sachs Player Joins the Administration
Anthony Scaramucci, founder of SkyBridge Capital, has been named an assistant to President-elect Donald Trump. He will have a general advisory role in the White House, after having been a member of Trump’s transition team and making public appearances on television in support of Trump's policies.
"It’s not about me, and it’s not about any of these people on the team," Scaramucci said. "It’s about president-elect Trump and the American people."
Scaramucci has been seeking to sell his NY-based fund of hedge funds firm to help pave the way for a government role. The firm, which managed over $9 billion as of last January, aims to fetch $200 million to $250 million - a figure some say is too high a price .
Scaramucci joins several former executives from Goldman Sachs on Trump’s team - including Steven Mnuchin, Gary Cohn, Stephen Bannon.
Scaramucci, who’s known as "the Mooch," founded SkyBridge in 2005. He also started a high-profile annual conference for the hedge fund industry in Las Vegas. He graduated from Harvard Law and landed a job with Goldman in 1989, in its real-estate investment-banking unit.