BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Fires Warning Shot Across the Bow of Republican's Listing Ship
[Photo: Trump Meets with Congressional Leaders / Screenshot from CNN Video]
by Howard Haykin
Like him or loathe him, Donald Trump should be commended for the deal. It was simple yet timely and deceptively effective. And the deal cost Donald Trump little in the way of political capital. After all, one way or another Congress was going to reach a consensus on those three provisions. They just did so on terms that Trump could live with.
In my opinion, here’s what Donald Trump accomplished:
- Trump established an air of independence from Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- Trump recorded a victory.
- Trump successfully employed his self-proclaimed negotiating skills.
- Trump put Republican congressional leaders on notice that they had better work toward effecting his goals, or else.
- Trump gave the Democratic leaders a day to shine.
- Trump cleared space in the congressional calendar for more important matters – like tax reform.
That said, political pundits are now trying to discern if Trump’s collaboration “foreshadows a more sustained shift in strategy” by this president. In my opinion, the answer is NO! So, let's move on from here.