BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Strategies
- Bad Brokers
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Private
- Boiler Rooms
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Bad Advisors
- Wall Street News
- Rules & Regulations
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- Compliance Concepts
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
FINRA Election Notice: Upcoming Board of Governors Election
by Howard Haykin
At this year’s annual meeting of FINRA firms, to be held on or about Monday, August 19, member firms will elect one Large Firm Governor and one Small Firm Governor to the FINRA Board of Governors. A copy of this Notice was distributed electronically to the executive representative of each FINRA firm.
PETITION PROCESS FOR ADDITIONAL CANDIDATES. A person who has not been nominated by the Nominating Committee for election to the FINRA Board may be included on the ballot for the election of governors if:
- within 45 days after the date of this Election Notice (July 8, 2019), such person presents to FINRA’s Corporate Secretary petitions in support of his or her nomination, duly executed by at least 3 percent of FINRA member firms entitled to vote for such nominee’s election. If, however, a candidate’s name appears on a petition in support of more than one nominee, the petition must be endorsed by 10% of FINRA member firms entitled to vote for such nominees’ election; and.
- the Corporate Secretary certifies that such petitions have been duly executed by the executive representatives of the requisite number of FINRA member firms entitled to vote for such person’s election, and the person being nominated satisfies the classification of the governorship to be filled.
TERM OF OFFICE. Governors elected at FINRA’s 2019 annual meeting will serve a 3-year term concluding at FINRA’s 2022 annual meeting, or until his or her successor is duly elected or qualified, or until death, resignation, disqualification or removal.
The FINRA Board consists of 24 members,1 including:
- Chief Executive Officer of FINRA;
- 13 Public Governors;
- 1 Floor Member Governor;
- 1 Independent Dealer/Insurance Affiliate Governor;
- 1 Investment Company Affiliate Governor;
- 3 Small Firm Governors;
- 1 Mid-Size Firm Governor; and
- 3 Large Firm Governors.
[For further details, click link below.]